New season, new you? If winter’s been a little tough on your hair, this change in season may be the perfect time to switch up your hair care routine.
And, just in time for summer, too.
Contrary to popular belief, healthy hair doesn’t start with shampoo – it starts from within. The food you eat, hormonal imbalances and stress all play a role in our hair health.
6 SPRINGTIME TWEAKS FOR SHINIER, HEALTHIER-LOOKING HAIR
- Wash your hair less often. If you’re washing your hair every day, change this to twice a week or every other day. This will help to prevent dryness and breakage that happens from over-washing.
- Switch up your shampoo. Look for a shampoo that is sulphate-free and contains hair-nourishing ingredients instead, like coconut oil, aloe, or Argan oil.
- Pat, don’t rub. Towel-drying hair causes friction to the cuticle which can lead to breakage. After washing your hair, gently pat it with your towel.
- Turn the temperature down. At the end of your shower, do a quick cold-water rinse to seal hair cuticles shut. This helps to maintain healthier-looking hair and boosts shine.
- Nourish your body. Exercise and healthy eating are both important for hair growth. Focus on omega-rich foods and drink enough water to keep your hair hydrated.
- Take a deep breath. If you’re stressed, your skin will be stressed too – and that includes your scalp. Practice daily stress management activities like deep breathing or meditating.
SHOULD YOU TRY A HAIR SUPPLEMENT?
If you’re looking to spruce up your hair care routine this spring, why not consider adding a daily supplement to help improve your hair’s health? Vital Hair, Skin & Nails is specially formulated with ingredients known to optimise hair growth, including Biotin, Zinc and Selenium.
How it works: This powerful antioxidant comes in a convenient softgel capsule making it easy to fit into your daily routine. Your hair only grows 1 cm per month, so the longer you take a supplement, the more results you’ll see.
[S0] Vital® HAIR, SKIN & NAILS softgel capsules. Each capsule contains 75 mg Hydrolysed collagen; 25 mg Vitamin B5; 20 mg Vitamin B3; 20 mg Vitamin C; 10 mg L-Cysteine; 10 mg Zinc; 5,4 mg α-TE Vitamin E; 5 mg Co-Enzyme Q10; 0,45 mg Copper; 400 µg Biotin; 400 µg Folic acid; 50 µg Selenium; 25 µg Vitamin B12; 14 µg Iodine. Health supplement. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. APPLICANT: Vital Health Foods (Pty) Ltd, Reg. no.: 51/03081/07. Lavender Lane, Kuils River, 7580, South Africa. Tel no.: (+27)21 900 2500. Please refer to the detailed professional information (PI) for full prescribing information.