Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes 6 large or 12 regular muffins
- 500 ml (2 cups) Vital Swiss Muesli + extra for topping
- 500 ml (2 cups) almond flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cinnamon
- 10 ml (2 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 5 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup *optional
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vanilla extract
- 100 g diabetic friendly dark chocolate, chopped
Preheat the oven to 160Àö C and spray a 6-hole large muffin tray with non-stick spray.
Separate the raisins from the muesli and reserve until needed.
In a blender, combine muesli, almond flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda, blend until fine.
In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, *Optional maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix well. Add blended dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in chopped chocolate and raisins.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way, sprinkle extra muesli on top of each muffin. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
Flourless Banana Choc Chip & Muesli Muffins