30 Softgel Capsules
For tips from Vital Expert, Dr. Michael Mol, about UTI prevention, please see our Expert Series blog post: Urinary Tract Infections with Dr. Michael Mol.
For more information about the role of cranberry in the prevention of UTIs, please read the article written by Vital Experts for News24: UTI treatment: Cranberry versus antibiotics for urinary tract infections.
For article references, please see the Benefits section.
For detailed product information please download the Professional Information.
See the rest of the Herbal range: Click here
- Vital Cranberry supports urinary tract health and the prevention of urinary tract infections.
- Reducing the frequency of UTIs can reduce the need for repetitive antibiotic treatment for recurring urinary tract infections. This in turn is protective of a healthy microbiome.
- The active ingredient in Vital Cranberry is proanthocyanidin (PAC). The PAC level in each batch of Vital Cranberry is tested in our lab to ensure safe and efficacious levels of this antioxidant. The antioxidant potential of PACs been linked to diverse health benefits including anticancer, antidiabetic, neuroprotective and antimicrobial actions.
Directions for use: Take 2 capsules per day. Take with water after a meal
Suitable for: Adults (18 years and older).
References for News24 article UTI treatment: Cranberry versus antibiotics for urinary tract infections:
- Fourie JL, Ciaassen FM, Myburgh JJ. Causative pathogens and antibiotic resistance in community-acquired urinary tract infections in central South Africa. S Afr Med J. 2021 Feb; 111(2):124-8.
- Sihra N, Goodman A, Zakri R, Sahai A, Malde S. Nonantibiotic prevention and management of recurrent urinary tract infection. Nat Rev Urol. 2018 Oct; 15:750-776.
- Fu Z, Liska D, Talan D, Chung M. Cranberry reduces the risk of urinary tract infection recurrence in otherwise healthy women: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Nutr.2017 Dec;147(12):2282-2288.
- Gonzalez De Llano D, Moreno-Arribas MV, Bartolomé B. Cranberry polyphenols and prevention against urinary tract infections: Relevant considerations. 2020 Aug; 25(15): 3523.
- Rauf A, Muhammed I, Abu-Izneid T, Ul-Haq I, Patel S, Pan X et al. Proanthocyanidins: A comprehensive review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2019 Aug;116:108999.
[S0] Vital® Cranberry soft gelatine capsules. Each soft gelatine capsule contains 12 500 mg Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton (Cranberry fruit) [as 250 mg of a 50:1 extract standardised to proanthocyanidins 1,5 %]. Western herbal medicine. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. APPLICANT: Vital Health Foods (Pty) Ltd, Reg. no.: 51/03081/07. Lavender Lane, Kuils River, 7580, South Africa. Tel no.: (+27) 21 900 2500. Please refer to the detailed professional information (PI) for full prescribing information.
|NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION||EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:|
|Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton) fruit extract) (mg)||250|
|Equivalent to:||as seen below:|
|Cranberry Fruit (g)||12,5|
How is a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) diagnosed?
We advise against self-diagnosis. If you suspect that you have an existing UTI you should visit your doctor immediately to determine the appropriate treatment options.
How does Vital Cranberry help to prevent or manage Urinary Tract Infections?
Vital Cranberry may play a preventative role in the occurrence and frequency of UTIs. The mechanism of action is thought to be due to the content of proanthocyanidins in cranberry. Proanthocyanidins are antioxidants that inhibit the motility of infectious bacteria and prevent their adherence to the lining of the urinary tract.