Makes 6 large muffins
2 XL eggs
1 ¼ cups buttermilk, room temperature
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup honey
Zest of 1 lemon
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups Vital Original Muesli
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup blueberries or berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin tin or a 12 cup cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl combine flour, Vital muesli, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add blueberries into the dry ingredients and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl- whisk together eggs, buttermilk, coconut oil, honey and lemon zest.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. For a fun crunch- add a sprinkle of muesli on top of each muffin just before baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes for large muffins and 15 minutes for cupcake sized muffins or until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and cooling on a rack.
- Serve warm or pack for school lunches or an easy breakfast on the go.